In our final new feature webinar for 2023, the configurable home page, multiple filter selection and BI API enhancements were showcased. Our users also got the opportunity to hear how Monja de Jager and the BankservAfrica Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) has adopted PPO’s resource management capability to anticipate demand, optimise workload and gain insights into resource capacity and utilisation using the time entry functionality.
If you couldn’t make it to the live webinar, well, the good news is that we recorded the session, so you can still take advantage of everything we learned! Watch the video here:
Key Take Aways
- Configurable Home Page – The new and improved page supports multiple tabs that allows users to customise their views. The Home Page is designed to focus the user on their assigned projects and project related items and will now allow users to both visualise and maintain their updates from a single page. You can learn more about the changes in the Knowledge Base.
- Multiple Filter Selection – Filters limit the data when working with your list pages. Historically, a user would need to create filters with multiple filter items if they wanted to filter the project list to show projects in two different phases. The multiple filter selection allows users to apply multiple filter selections to employee list, custom list, and RAG field types. But wait, there’s more. Users can also apply an “Exclude” operator which can be used to filter out data based on your filter parameter.
- BI API Global Filter – The BI API has been improved to include the ability to apply global filters. This improvement means that you can now focus on our active projects, employees, and data, making it easier to build your BI views.
- My Calendar Widget Use Cases – The calendar widget helps users to visualise work and manage key dates in a Calendar View. The default events available to users include Holidays / Non-Working Days, My Tasks, My Risks and My Issues. Since the release of this feature, we’ve seen some helpful use cases which include:
- Monthly Portfolio Meetings as a global event displayed for all users
- Timesheet Submission Deadlines for externally focused project management offices to support project charge outs
- Visualising the leave calendar for project office resources using either Resource Allocation or Task level data recorded against the Leave Management project
- Project Managers keeping track of milestones by setting up an event to focus on the planned end dates of milestones for their projects
We do our very best to make PPO better every day, so we’d love to hear your feedback on these latest enhancements.
Whether you’re just getting started with PPO, or you’re a seasoned user, there’s always something new to discover and ways to improve! So, make sure that you’ve “saved the date” for the 2024 product webinars.
Don’t forget to let us know if you have any other product enhancement ideas! Drop us an email or log an idea on our community portal please. More importantly, keep up to date with all our new product information by subscribing to our blog.