It’s kind of a big deal
The Annual PMO Global Awards is the world’s largest professional award for Project Management Offices (PMOs), their organisations, and leaders.
Do you want to learn from and compete with giants like Telefonica, T-Systems, and Lego? It starts here. The South African PMO Awards is an annual competition managed by Project Portfolio Office to identify and recognise PMOs in South Africa that are delivering value to their organisations. The winners get to suit up and tango with the best on the global stage.
More than a competition
Your organisation will be evaluated by both local and international judges, all highly qualified professionals, carefully selected from different industries and sectors. Each of them will be invited to provide improvement recommendations for your PMO and let you know when your PMO is leading the way.
Compare yourself with PMOs in South Africa and ultimately the world against the framework of the competition criteria. Be inspired by best practice to create solutions that will generate more value for your PMO.
Team Recognition & Celebration
Work with your team through the process so that their work, efforts, and results will be known throughout the PMO global community, achieving a sense of pride and a platform to celebrate your journey.
- Organisations must formally register their submission on this website to be evaluated by the Judging Committee.
- The Judging Committee will confirm the submissions upon receipt.
- Successful organisations will be notified and enter the Interview Stage.
- The organisation that were successful in the submission process will submit responses (roughly 2000 words) on how their PMO meets each of the six criteria.
- The Judging Committee members will meet with the organisations in the form of a 90 minute online interview.
- Organisations will present their PMOs for 40 minutes against the 6 judging criteria.
- This will be followed by a 45 minutes question and answer session with the Judging Committee members.
- The Judging Committee will score and rank all organisations.
- The successful organisations will be announced at the end of the Interview Stage.
- Organisations in the evaluation stage will be allocated a coach from the Judging Committee members
to provide support and guidance.
- Organisations will submit full presentations to the Judging Committee members.
- The Judging Committee members will evaluate the presentations based on the six criteria.
- The finalists for will be announced at the end of the Evaluation Stage.
- All applications and documents must be completed in English
- All submissions are made at the expense of the applicants.
- The organisation’s entrant must obtain all permissions of use from his/her organisation.
- Participants grant Project Portfolio Office the non-exclusive right to use any submitted copyrighted materials for any business-related purpose, including press releases, and other marketing and promotional materials, including but not limited to video presentations.
- Project Portfolio Office will not reimburse any expense for assembling the submissions and presentations, for any materials that may need to be created, or for any expense related to the PMO Awards.
- Project Portfolio Office reserves the right within its sole discretion, and at any time up to the time of the presentation of the award, to determine that a participant is or has become ineligible for the award.
- Project Portfolio Office reserves the right to accept or reject entry submissions and Presentations; make or cancel an award, or change deadlines as circumstances dictate, always aiming to promote the PMO Awards quality and benefit the PMO Global Community.
- Project Portfolio Office reserves the right to rescind an award if it is discovered that any information submitted as false or misleading.
- Participants, finalists, and winners will be publicized through Project Portfolio Office communication channels and external media. Participants may also coordinate additional publicity with Project Portfolio Office.