What we’re looking for:
PPO is looking for you if you’re a software trainer with 5 or more years’ experience. Or maybe you’re a power user of a PPM tool within the project management environment. Or maybe it’s just because you have strong customer support and training experience and want to share your knowledge with others as a professional trainer.
We’re looking for a problem solver especially when it comes to teaching people about how to use our PPM software to achieve greater project success and work more efficiently. Are you someone who can adapt to a new industry environment quickly and work well with individuals from a variety of professional backgrounds? If you’re nodding your head thinking, “This is totally me,” then read on and find out exactly what you’ll be doing.
The bare necessities:
- At least 5 years of training experience
- Any business related degree
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and delivering on training objectives
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
- You need not be a computer whizz but at least proficient with MS Office (specifically PowerPoint, MSP and Visio)
What we need to see in you
- Professionalism, charisma, enthusiasm, and knowledge to help convert customers into PPO promoters
- Willingness and excitement to travel to our clients to deliver training (you may even need to spend a night or two away from home)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A positive and proactive nature
- As long as you are a kick-ass, experienced traveling trainer with 5+ years training experience, own car and valid driving license
- Would be great if you also have PPO experience or a project management background or have worked with other PPM software before, but it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t
- Formal training, facilitation or presentation qualification
- Fluent in English is mandatory but the ability to speak another South African language is a plus
What you’ll be doing
You might be at the front of a conference room, teaching all of PPO’s awesome features to a group of a dozen end-users at new and existing clients. You could be showing them how much easier project status reporting or portfolio visibility would be if they used PPO. You might also be hosting a webinar for various customers, working through the details of time sheets or facilitating a one-on-one session about how to get the most out of our software solution. Let’s take a closer look at your duties and responsibilities:
- Provide training both remotely via webinars and onsite to customers, partners and new PPO employees using the existing training infrastructure
- Facilitate one-on-one sessions with users during the adoption journey
- Provide training and awareness sessions to users during new client implementations
- Manage user satisfaction and expectations
- Own the administration and management of training programmes and classes (registration, logistics, attendance, setup, assessments, etc.)
- Perform basic system configuration and customisation for training instances
- Liaise with our support and marketing team to meet client information and communication needs
- Planning of the training programmes (using existing materials) aligned to the defined budget and timelines provided
- Provide solid communications both internally and to external clients before, during and after a training programme
- Ensure that training participants can effectively use PPO at the conclusion of the training
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing course materials
- Identify the “at risk clients” and the potential for churn through engagements with existing clients
- Determining the opportunity for subscription growth
What we’re offering
We’re offering a full-time position in our informal computer software company. We’ll give you a PC, 16 days leave plus the time between Christmas and New Year. We’re offering a salary in the region of R400, 000+ (CTC) as well potential performance-based bonuses (based on your fit, skill, history, energy and brain power).
If you think you have the drive and determination to help us grow our company, if you appreciate what we do for our customers, if you are in awe of our project management solution, if you like what we can offer you THEN you need to contact us.
Send your CV together with a short (no longer than 90 second video) to email@example.com and tell us why we want you. Your short video is your opportunity to teach us something that we don’t already know like how to fry an egg, how to fold a shirt or even explaining the rules of a simple game of tennis!
PS We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that other good stuff so be sure to proofread!